Posted on April 20 2020
Here at Lumio Designs, we love being out and about with people such as festivals, parties, events, concerts... you name it! We're pretty sad about so many spring and summer events being cancelled.
Here are some ideas we've come up with to keep our mood lifted and our friends feeling close while we're staying safe during this quarantine.
- Photo challenges! As photographers, we're taking advantage of springtime in our own neighborhood to inspire us – flowers, local nature scenes, extra daylight hours, and colorful sunsets!
- Dance party workouts! Way more fun than pushups, and a great excuse to pull out your favorite leggings. A quick Google search and you can find hundreds of free classes to try. We've been doing dance parties with friends like in the image above.
- Online yoga clases. A quick search of YouTube will give you lots of options of different levels of yoga classes you can do. Yoga not only strentches and builds strength, but it also calms your mind as well.
- Themed "Dinner Parties" with friends. Plan for a taco night, pizza-making party (complete with beverages, party outfits, and decor) via video chat! Bonus if you can get 2 or 3 households involved and/or include a costume theme - from the waist up of course!
- Crafting. It's the perfect time to try out a new project or medium, like drip painting or... playing with lights & LED strips! There are tons of tutorials online for your first project.
- Fashion show challenges. Invite your friends to participate in a video creation challenge, where you try on your top 5 favorite outfits or costumes. Bonus: It's a great way to test out some looks for your next (in-person) party!
- Tune in! Organize a dance party to your favorite livestream concert by setting up a video chat during the show for your friends. Key elements here are party-ready outfits, and setting up a dancefloor in your living room!
- Here's a dance party to get you started: Every Saturday morning, we've been loving Daybreaker Live House Parties! All you have to do is clear some space in your living room, and we’ll see you on the dance floor. It's a really fun way to meet like-minded people from all over the globe! bit.ly/LDNDaybreakerLIVE
Whatever you choose- hang in there! We can't wait to see you all IRL on the other side. Shine Bright!